Saturday, January 16, 2010

Grocery Shopping

As we enter week three of Eat From the Pantry Challenge, I am definitely feeling the "Challenge" part. I really thought I had more food than I did. We are pretty much out of meat, flour, eggs, milk, butter, etc. I still have a lot in my cupboards for side dishes and breakfasts. I made a few different shopping trips this week in order to take advantage of some good sales.

First up Walmart -
3 bags Birds Eye Steamed frozen vegetables - 1.25 each - used $1.00 off 3 bags coupon
2 pack Colgate toothpaste - $3.00 - used .75 off coupon

Total spent - $5.00

Next was Price Chopper. I wouldn't list EVERYTHING I bought but I did get some good deals. Ground beef was on sale for $1.99 a pound so I bought about 5 pounds. I haven't seen ground beef on sale for awhile and we haven't had red meat in quite sometime. I spent a total of $127.85 but with coupons and sale prices subtract, I spent out of pocket $98.59. Not bad but still with the Walmart run added in, I am 3.59 over budget this week. Steve also ran to the store once for a few supplies I had forgotten and we now have about $75 left for the last week. I think we can make it but the last week will be challenging!

No comments:

Post a Comment