Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mad Scientist Party

We celebrated my oldest son's 8th birthday with a mad scientist party. It was a blast! The kids seemed to really enjoy it too. I found a lot of great ideas here. We converted our garage into the "Mas Lab" and I hide all of our junk with tarps. We had five science experiments that the kids circulated to; they played with pop rocks, made lava lamps, made oobleck, made slime, and exploded film canisters. I certainly couldn't have pulled it off without the help of my dear darling husband and very generous friends who helped man the stations. I had enough people helping that I could just float around and get extra supplies for the stations, snap some pictures and move the kids along. I had a good time planning the party and it certainly wasn't expensive to pull off but it did take up a lot of time and wasn't "simple". I love doing parties like this but it does take time and effort. I was nervous that we might not be able to pull it off because the youngest came sown with a virus, flu, or very bad cough(doctors aren't sure what it was) earlier in the week.. Thankfully he has recovered and the party went off without a hitch. I do have to say I am glad it is over and I can now just collapse! Thanks friends for helping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment