Sunday, October 25, 2009

Christmas Budget

I have been thinking and saving a lot for Christmas. I really am going to try and not put any Christmas gifts on the credit cards. To do this, every month I had been putting a certain amount aside. I have never set a monetary amount for what I want to spend. I have always gone by the number of gifts I get for each kid. This year I am going to try and limit it to $250 a kid. This may seem like a large amount to some people and to others a very small amount. I certainly have no problem not spending the entire amount it I feel I get great prices on somethings and I reach what I feel is the present quota in my mind. We usually get the kids a big present each and then about 5-6 medium to small gifts each from Santa Clause. We give them one gift and they give each other a gift. I usually have the boys give books to each other. Santa does fill their stockings with 1 or 2 "toys" the rest is underwear, socks, toothbrush, etc. I started to feel bad about the amount of money and toys they get for Christmas, especially after reading some people's blogs that stated they only gave 1 or 2 presents or only spent $200 on 4 kids. I thought that I would cut way back this year but the more I thought about it, I realized we are in a position where we can afford to spend what we do and we like doing it. I shouldn't change tha way I am raising my children because someone in the blog world does it differently! It boils down to comparing yourself to others. I am bad with this and I need to work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment