Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I finally found two websites that compile the sales at Price Chopper and Hannaford. For the Price Chopper deals, go here and for the Hannaford deals go here. So happy to have found these two sites. When I first started this blog, I had grandiose ideas of compiling the weekly deals at both Price Chopper and Hannaford. Once I started, I realized what a time consuming job that would be. Now I don't have to do it AND I don't have to feel guilty about not doing it!

Speaking of grocery stores, I ran out to the store tonight, it is a new month, and got our groceries for the week. I brought my oldest son with me and what a help he was! we kept a running tally on a calculator and he got so into it. I told him our budget was $125 and he really was very conscience about it. When we were done and at $120, I told him he could pick out one snack for himself for the week and one for his brothers. He made sure that the two snacks did not add up to more than $5. With coupons, we brought it in at $123. I think I need to bring him with me every week. He definitely kept me to our budget. That leaves me with $527 for the rest of the month. I do have some baking to do this weekend to help us stay away from the store bought ready made foods that are over priced. I think I will have each boy help me again with a recipe. It worked out really well the last time and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! Now time to marinate those chicken breast and get them in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment