Sunday, November 29, 2009

Grocery Shopping

We swung by Hannaford today to pick up a few things to see us through the week. Nothing too spectacular by the way of sales this week except they did have clementines for 5.99. My kids could eat a whole crate of those in a day! We also found a whole chicken on sale, a 20lb turkey for $8 and a spiral ham for $12. Plus chicken breast were also on sale for $1.99 a pound. I marinated them and then froze them. This way I can just pop them in the pressure cooker for 7 minutes and we are good to go. Gotta love that pressure cooker! This weeks grocery bill was $195:( Not as good as I would like but we still stayed within our$650 a month budget and I did stock up on some meat - that chicken, turkey and ham are good for at least two weeks worth of meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment