Friday, November 6, 2009

Cooking Night

I have been so inspired by these ladies here and here, that I attempted a last minute freezer cooking evening. While the kids watched a movie with my husband, I threw together a few meals for the freezer. I went to Price Chopper last evening for our weekly grocery shopping and picked up about 8 pounds of ground beef. We hadn't had red meat in awhile and it was on sale, so tonight, I made up 2 1/2 dozen meatballs, a meatloaf, and made 10 hamburger patties to freeze. I also make a large batch of chicken noodle soup. The meatballs and meatloaf came from the same recipe, so it was really quick to put together. I actually started the chicken soup the other night, making broth from a leftover chicken I had made on Tuesday. The directions for this are found here. I am crossing my fingers that the soup comes out good, considering I didn't have a recipe for the soup AND I made a lot if it! I chopped up some celery and carrots, threw them in a large pot with leftover chicken, the chicken broth and added water and pasta with a bit of salt and pepper. All in all, I don't think that's too bad considering I worked a full day today before I started this cooking! I still have a few more items I would like to try and cook and freeze this weekend, including the chocolate chip muffins I had planned on making but never got around to on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment