Saturday, November 7, 2009

One Book One County

I finally have decided on a book for vote for the library's one county one book! I blogged about this program here and mentioned what a difficult time I was having choosing one book to vote for. I really enjoyed reading the first four books, Skeletons at the Feast, Hotel at the Corner or Bitter and Sweet, Still Alice, and Strength in What Remains, but wasn't too keen on reading the last book, World Made by Hand. I honestly don't think I really understood what the book was about and wasn't planning on reading it at all. I did find myself at the library about 2 weeks ago and decided to give it a shot. It was so worth it!! I love this book and voted for it without a second thought.

For those of you who haven't heard of the book, it is set in the future after we, Americans, have pretty much destroyed all of our technological advances of the past 2 hundred years. People are forced to live lives similar to the 1800s. It really makes me what to do back to a simpler time but still have some of the technology we have know, like medicine. Anyways, I highly recommend this book and am crossing my fingers that it wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment