Sunday, September 27, 2009

CVS trip



I made a CVS trip today. I had skipped the last week because the deals weren't that good for my family. CVS had some good deals for some items we were running low on. For more CVS deals this week go here. For more information on how CVS works go here.


I spent a total of $24.49 plus tax for everything pictured. Here's how it went down.


Transaction #1
Bounty Paper Towels 6 big rolls(still need to wean myself off of these!) $6.00
Batteries AA 10 pack $10.00
Tide 2X $6.00
6 boxes of Puff Tissues $6.00
Total: $28.00
Used CVS coupon - $5.00 of a purchase of $25 or more
Used Tide Coupon - $1.00 off
Used Puff coupon - $1.00 6 single boxes off
Used Duracell Battery coupon - $1.00 off
Used Bounty coupon - $1.00 off

Total Spent - $19.00 plus tax
Get $10.00 in Extra Care Bucks

Transaction #2
Miralax - 18.99

Used Miralax Coupon - $5.00 off
Total - $13.99
Minus $10.00 ECB earned from transaction #1
Total Spent $3.99 plus tax
Get $2.00 in ECB
Transaction # 3
2 Colgate toothpastes - $5.50
Used 2 Colgate Coupons - $1.00 off each
Minus $2.00 ECB earned from transaction #2

Total Spent - 1.50 plus tax
Get $1.50 in ECB to use next CVS trip!

I had to think about buying the Tide detergent- if you read my Grocery Shopping trip Part II you will remember I bought 2 bottles of Arm and Hammer detergent. I am trying to work on my stockpile and I was getting low on detergent. A friend just told me about a homemade recipe for laundry detergent that I am thinking about making but I just couldn't pass up this deal. I also had to think about the paper towel purchase. I am trying to wean my family off of paper towels (an extra expense plus not the greatest for the environment). We did have a situation this week were the dog got an entire batch of sugar cookie dough. I arrived home Friday to three huge messes and the paper towels can in handy. I certain was not going to use my cleaning rags on those messes and then wash and reuse them - too disgusting! So for the time being I will try to limit my family's use of paper towels to the before mentioned type of messes, otherwise I have a nice stack of cleaning rags.









No comments:

Post a Comment